Monday, November 9, 2009

The Blank Page


Is there anything worse than being faced with a blank page and zero ideas or inspiration? When you've told yourself, "You must write a blog entry today". Hmm, I could have waited until tomorrow. Since there has not been a single event of note in my household, family or neighbourhood that I can think of which has happened today. The weather is warming up so I was able to get out into the garden for a bit and attempt my pitiful battle with the weeds that threaten to take over my yard. My teenage son continues to eat and eat and eat and eat. I know he's still growing. And he is expending a lot of energy training and playing sport. And he needs his energy for school and in particular for the exams he is doing at the moment. But truly! The period of afternon between 3:30pm when he gets home from school and 5:30pm when he is looking around for what I am making for dinner, is like watching a National Geographic doco with time-lapse photograpy as the food rapidly vanishes from the cupboards and fridge. Tonight, we are having a simple meal of lamb scotch fillet with lener crisp vegetables and a spot of salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment