Thursday, July 9, 2009

Paperwork & Procrastination


I am procrastinating. There's no denying it. It's a blatant fact. You see, what I should be doing today is entering figures and details into a spreadsheet for a quantity surveyor so that he has a starting point to do a depreciation schedule. YAWN! It's something I need to do. I definitely should not be sitting here writing this blog. It's a bit like the big red button. You may not have seen this but to a 13 year old boy it is very funny. It is a web page with nothing but a big red dot on it and looping messages with various forms of "Don't press the red button" and of course they do and the message keeps changing and young master junior teenager sits there hysterically giggling the longer it goes on. And on. So why don't I just get it over with? Because I obviously don't have anything very much of value to write here anyway. I know what my 13 year old son will be doing at school today. He is the master of endless annoyance. And last night of all things I mistakenly gave him fuel for his annoyance fire. I said, "Do you know you have 11 fingers?" Then starting with one hand I counted back from 10 to 6 then held up the other hand and announced "plus five is 11". Then I said "But if I have 11 fingers why didn't I start at 11? 11, 10, 9, 8, 7 plus 5 is 12". Are you starting to get the picture? A thirteen year old could keep this going the whole day. The notion is truly scary. So why don't I have anything to write about today? Well, it's soccer training night again and it's leftovers again! Remember that casserole I made yesterday? I used 1.6kg. So there's enough to feed an army. But don't let on. I don't want them bringing their muddy boots into my living room. Boy, why is it that you have to say the same thing to a boy every single day. "Don't go through the living room with those muddy soccer boots on!" No wonder we're accused of nagging. I also have to make a few phone calls so I really should call it quits now.

Do you want to see the Big Red Button? No you don't!


If you like my blog share it here


OK, you asked for it. Big Red Button

I just had to add this! Have you ever heard of a "Tornado Potato"? Apparently, it is a whole potato cut in a spiral. A bamboo skewer is pushed through the centre and then it is deep fried. It can be as long as the potato will stretch and the length of the skewer. It is served sprinkled with a choice of flavourings. I could see this catching on here! Have a look at this thing!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post, keep up the good work.

    Johnny Ray
    www.sirjohn.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John, please keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete