Friday, July 3, 2009

Tonight Is Pizza Night


Friday is always hectic in our house. I do the supermarket shopping on Friday. The nearest supermarket is 15 minutes drive away and today it is blowing a gale force ice cold wind. In Katoomba, where I go to shop the temperature right now is 3.6 degrees. The forecast is a high of seven. I reckon that wind is going to bring it down close to zero so I will have all my woolies on when I head out.

I get a bit of extra time on a Friday because the girls go to dancing after school but that's when the fun starts. They get picked up from dance at 4:15. We race home and they get changed ready for soccer practice which starts at 5:00 and goes until 6:00. I think there's going to be some creative passing today. That wind is not only going to send the balls all over the place, it could lift a few little girls off the park as well.

That's why Friday is pizza night. I can let the kids do it themselves while I sit back with a glass of wine. The toppings are fairly basic at our place. The kids go for Marguerita while hubby likes a bit of a supreme complete with salami, pepperoni, ham, mushroom, garlic, artichoke, oregano, anchovies, olives and chilli flavoured olive oil.

What are your favourite pizza toppings?

Do you make your own bases?

Ever wished you could cook your favourite family restaurant dishes at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment